Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Apples - Cider Anyone?


Autumn is upon us and so is the Apple season! Plenty of Cider and Donuts for everyone, Please.

This image is from a photograph taken by my son Keir M. Gatzka at a vendors apple bin near Lansing, Michigan. I took the photograph into Paint.NET and applied the Effects> Artistic> Ink Sketch> to it for the line work. Then I used a painterly filter on it to soften it a bit. I altered the saturation also in Paint.NET, then brought this into PhotoPaint.

There I applied Filter Forge's watercolor frame to it for the white bordering. I took that into Painter 8 and used Apply Surface Texture> Image Luminance> on it for the painterly brushstrokes look and feel.

Back in PhotoPaint I made a 10 pixel black border and added my signature and saved for display here.

I can't wait for our trip to the Cider Mill!

----------------
Now playing: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Autumn Day
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment