Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

Faux Fur - Art Deco - Paint.NET - PhotoPaint - CorelDRAW


Faux Fur is better than the real kind that they used back in the Twenties. This image was inspired by a photograph of a rusted floral piece of metal work and some Dover Publications Clip Art.

I took the photograph and resampled it to 1200 wide and then in Paint.NET I used an Invert filter on it. Then I used a painterly filter on it to give it a mosaic look.

I imported it to CorelDRAW and added the blue lines of the flower in the center. Copying that to the clipboard I opened PhotoPaint and pasted from the clipboard.

I browsed my Dover Clip Art and found the Ladies in Fur and some Art Deco pieces and cut and pasted them into the blue image. The result is a floral piece with a strong center and related time period imagery.

----------------
Now playing: Blind Blake - West Coast Blues
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment