Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Vector - Collage - Painting - Experiment


Today's image started as a new file in Painter 8. I was testing the speed of a large watercolor brush and an ink brush and made the textured background.

I saved that file and opened it in PhotoPaint and added two pieces of Dover Publications Clip Art. One is a circular emblem, and the other was a floral frame. I adjusted them to fit the image and used the object property Multiply to add them to the background.

I copied to the clipboard and opened CorelDRAW and pasted the image there. I then made some vector pieces to frame the center piece. To create the center piece I used the spiral tool and thickened the line. I then used the line adjustment tool to move the lines and curves to their new position. This gave me a vector object somewhat like an "Eye."

I grouped these together and copied to the clipboard, opened PhotoPaint and opened from the clipboard. I saved the large file and then I resampled for display here. All in all a enjoyable experiment with pleasant results.

----------------
Now playing: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Collision Warning
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment