Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

Dried Goods Shopping - Paint.NET - PhotoPaint - Painter 8


Shopping for dry goods at a very great store in the Lansing, Michigan area, my son Keir M. Gatzka took this photograph. Beans and Garlic and other legumes were in these baskets all lined up.

I opened the photograph in PhotoPaint and resampled it to a slightly smaller size to work with the image. I used the tone curve to lighten and give depth and upped the saturation by 15 for great colors.

Saving that I opened it in Paint.NET and applied Effects> Artistic> Ink Sketch> with the color turned up to full and the lines lessened. I then applied a painterly filter for a brush stroked appearance.

Using Filter Forge's frames, now back in PhotoPaint, I applied a watercolor frame adjusting the thinness and the color of it to a golden brown. I gave this a black 10 pixel border and added a 50 pixel border using Papersize selecting another brown color.

I took this image into Painter 8 and used Apply Surface Texture> Image Luminance> for a brush stroked look and feel, adding texture to the piece.

----------------
Now playing: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Peaceful Tones
via FoxyTunes

3 comments:

  1. Love the texture and tones in this painting Kirk. It has the look of distressed wood to me. Very nice.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! excellent work & thanks a lot for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your commenting and support!

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete