Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Grandson in Autumn Colors - Painter 8 - PhotoPaint


Visiting with my Grandson always garners me a few nice photo-
graphs of him. I really enjoyed my time spent in Painter 8 doing a painting based upon one of the photographs I took yesterday.

I used the Chalk Tapered Chalk brushes for the muck up of the image. I varied the size of the brushes and completed that. I then switched to the Soft Cloner brush for detail of the eyes, nose, mouth, etc.

I opened a new Watercolor layer and used differing watercolor brushes for the background with light to dark bringing in the browns and oranges from the shirt and hair. I also used the straight cloner brush for the monkey and some other details on his arms and hands, fingers.

I liked the angle he was sitting in, in this photograph so I selected this one to paint and portray Autumn colors. I also used PhotoPaint and Filter Forge's watercolor frame with a light orange tint. Here is Zeke.

2 comments: