Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Grandson Zeke - Expression Value - Paint.NET - PhotoPaint


Does everyone really love baby pictures? Well I have really gotten interested in them since I became a Grandpa. I love the expressions you can capture when taking multiple photographs of your grandchild.

I used a very simple approach to this image as I wanted his expression say it all. Opening in Paint.NET I applied Effects> Artistic> Pencil Sketch> to the RGB 24-bit photograph. I upped the pencil tip to get a good likeness of a drawing.

Saving that I opened it in PhotoPaint and applied Image> Color Mode> Quadtone> to the image and then converted it back to RGB. I darkened the image a bit for shadows and highlights while making the quadtone.

I then added Filter Forge's Frames film frame to the image to complete it. Very straight forward steps to this piece. I love his expression! I resampled the image for display here.


----------------
Now playing: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Speedboat Waves 2
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

  1. I love his expression too. So cute. And I love the pencilart. Very well done.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Judith! I aim to please!

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete