Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Vases - Paint.NET - PhotoPaint - Painter 8


Vases began as a photo-
graph taken by my son Keir M. Gatzka. He loves to experi-
ment with angles and macro images.

I opened the photograph in Paint.NET and applied Effects> Artistic> Oil Painting> for a brushstroke feel. I also used another painterly filter for simplifying the strokes. This gave it a posterized appearance.

Next I applied Effects> Artistic> Ink Sketch> with the color turned up for full tonality and the ink lines. Saving that I opened in PhotoPaint and used the Tone Curve on it to lighten it a bit for depth and upped the saturation for those bright pinks. I used Filter Forge's film frame to add a black frame.

Saving again I reopened in Painter 8 and used Apply Surface Texture> Image Luminance> for additional texture. I saved this as 100% quality for the display here.

----------------
Now playing: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - I'm Counting On You 3 Acoustic
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment