Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Roses and Watermelon Wedges - Paint.NET - PhotoPaint


A floral photograph taken by my son Keir M. Gatzka near Lansing, Michigan. Along with the roses if you look at the left hand upper corner you can make out wedges of ripe watermelons. This photograph catches ones eyes because of the colors and the delicate floral on an angle, one of my sons favorite motifs.

I touched up this image using a painterly filter in Paint.NET, where I also resized the image for psoting on the blog. I adjusted the Curves also giving the color and image depth. I saved that file and opened in PhotoPaint.

In PhotoPaint I upped the saturation of color by 9 for a boost to the natural colors of the photograph. I added a film frame using Filter Forge's Frames. Then I added an autumn orange border to which I added another film frame for an enhancement to the framing of the wonderful floral.

----------------
Now playing: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Sweet Laurie
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment