Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

"1992 Sketches Collage" - PhotoPaint - CorelDRAW - PSP Pro X3

1992 Sketches

Today I found two sketches of women's faces in one of my Journals from 1992. I scanned them in with my Canon MP495 All in One using PhotoPaint to begin with. I also found pieces of images I have had for years waiting for use in a collage. So I scanned in the red suspenders and the stone like images.

I copied them to the clipboard and opened CorelDRAW and pasted them into a 8.5x11 page size, eventually using up all the space. I used the suspenders as both right and left borders and the stone like torn pieces on the top and bottom. This placed the faces in the center.

I grouped the pieces together and copied to the clipboard. I opened in PhotoPaint again at 75% the original size for working on, adding my signature. I saved the large file and reopened in PSP Pro X3 and adjusted the image Vibrancy and added the classical ornate frame. Saving the larger image I resampled it in PhotoPaint for display here.

I had used the Tone Curve for depth and increased the saturation for a boost to the color.

The 1992 sketches were done freehand pencil and paper on Journal pages. If you look closely you can make out the second face as shading in the main portrait face.

Listening --- The Beatles --- Hide Your Love Away

No comments:

Post a Comment