Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Young Lady and Her Cat - PSP Pro X3 - PhotoPaint

Young Lady and Her Cat


I found this 2" x 1.5" black and white scanned photograph in my folder of magazine cuttings. It is full of imperfections (read pixelations) as it was scanned long ago on an old black and white scanner. I really like the memories this image brought back and decided to play a bit with it. I re-scanned it with my Canon MP495 and got a 300 dpi scan to work on.

This new scan still had many imperfections so I opened it PSP Pro X3 and used every tool I could to produce a better representation of the subjects. In the end I have a passable softened halftone sepia photograph with a daguerreotype frame.

The subject is recognizable and it has the quality of an old style vintage photograph. I discovered that the old scan was from a Polaroid photograph from the 1970's. So it is dated material for a certainty.

I used PhotoPaint to resample the file for sharing here and add my signature.

Listening --- Chris Deburgh --- Lady in Red

No comments:

Post a Comment