Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

"Duress" - Art Deco - Chivalry - Digital Collage - Corel PhotoPaint

Duress

I created a digital collage from some Dover Clip Art samplers for "Duress." I browsed my Dover Publications folder in Picasa 3 and found an Art Deco background I liked. I increased the size of the Art Deco piece by 96dpi. Then I selected the armor placing it and borders top and bottom with Victorian like scrolling. I liked the simple design.

The armor reminded me of the threat of force and and Chivalry, along with "Duress," coming to my mind. I used a font style named Berlin Sans FB Demi for the text and placed it right in the middle of the collage. I made sure I had the right definition and selected the text and copied and pasted it upon the larger word, using the same font.

I used the Tone Curve to add depth and also upped the saturation before adding the text and definition. I did all this in PhotoPaint, adding for a finish my signature and a twenty pixel border of black.

Listening --- Pat Benatar --- Invincible

No comments:

Post a Comment