Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

"Pain of Parkinson's" - Corel PSP Pro X3 - Painter 11 - PhotoPaint - Filter Forge

Pain of Parkinson's

Browsing in Picasa 3 folders I came across this photograph of my Father in Law at their 50th wedding anniversary. He was afflicted with Parkinson's Disease. Once a very handsome man over 6 foot tall with curly hair. He worked for many years as an Journeyman Electrician. His illness ravaged the man and left him thin and gaunt.

I took this rather small close up photograph and opened with PSP Pro X3 and resized the image to a larger file and more dpi. I applied the Effects; Art Media; Brushstrokes. This gave me a painterly image. I saved this image and opened with Painter 11, where I used a coarse paper texture and Chalk Brushstrokes for painting the rest of the piece.

I opened that file with PhotoPaint and added a film frame in Filter Forge's Freepack. A touch of the Tone Curve gave the color more depth. I resampled for display here and added my signature and saved that file.

Listening --- Alan Parsons Project --- Old and Wise

No comments:

Post a Comment