Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

"Begin The Dream" - CorelDRAW - PhotoPaint - Filter Forge

Begin The Dream

Back in May of this year I wrote a poem about "Begin The Dream." I was looking through my song lyrics and poetry and found it again. The poem focuses on the Dream and Reality and which is which, or both the same. In any event I made a grunge typographic image of it.

I opened CorelDRAW and also the poem (in Notepad) I pasted the poem on an imported grunge background I got from a Twitter message link (a zip file of a handful of backgrounds.) I took the title and the last two verses of the poem and enlarged them and duplicated them for a dark on light effect.

I grouped the text and the graphic and copied to the clipboard and opened PhotoPaint, using File New From Clipboard I pasted the file at 75% of it's original size which was large.

I used Filter Forge's Photo Effects Vibrance on the image for an increase in tone. I then used the same Photo Effects Grunge for the additional texturing and framing. I then used the Tone Curve to add a bit of depth. I saved the large file, resampling for display, adding my signature to complete the piece.

Listening --- The Cranberries --- Dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment