Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

"Divide and Conquer" You might want to adjust the Opacity too!

Aunt and Nieces


Visiting a party where they had Karaoke singing, I took a number of photographs. I selected in Picasa 3.9 these three gals an Aunt and her Nieces. I opened with Paint.NET and applied the Kurahara Filter to simplify some details as full color.

I also opened the same photograph in Corel Painter Photo Essentials 4 and made a Pen and Ink Drawing. I saved that iteration with a different name. Selecting it in Picasa I copied to the clipboard.

I then reopened the first adaptation with Corel PhotoPaint. I pasted the Pen and Ink image. Then I applied the property Divide and played around with the Opacity, setting it lower. After I merged the layers I used the Tune Blur, Gaussian blur set at three. I used the Tone Curve to add depth to the color.

In PhotoPaint I added my signature and saved the large file. I resampled to display size. I added a 25 pixel black border to finish.

Listening to the Late News

No comments:

Post a Comment