Pages

Saturday, August 25, 2012

"The Better To See With" Corel Painter 11 - Plus

'59 Vette Close Up


From the Dream Cruise photographs I have this one of a close up of the headlights and grill of a '59 Vette. I opened through Picasa 3.9 with Corel Painter Photo Essentials 4 and auto painted. I first used the Watercolor Sketch but was not satisfied with it. So I selected the Illustration feature. I made no changes to the settings with the exception of stopping the auto paint before it made Ink lines on the image.

I saved that iteration and opened with Corel PhotoPaint. I tried the Local Equalization on it and it spoiled the entire effect! Thank goodness for the Undo tool. I decided I needed some texture on the image so I opened with Corel Painter 11. There I applied the Surface Texture Image Luminance. Saving that I went back to PhotoPaint and Filter Forge's Photo Effects Dreamy and applied a variant to slightly adjust the colors.

There I added my signature in white and saved that iteration. resampled to display size and saved again.

Listening --- Kirk Mathew Gatzka --- Like I've Never Been Refused

No comments:

Post a Comment