Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

"Head Games - Victorian and Other Heads - Plus a Touch of Italy""

Head Games


Today I used a photograph for the background garnered from Canon's Image Gateway, as I am an owner of Canon equipment. It is a photograph from Italy. I downloaded this file then opened with Paint.NET and used the Ink Sketch on it with light color.

I also had recently gotten an image of Victorian men and a woman from Free Digital Vintage Clip Art's blog. I saved the altered background and reopened with Corel PhotoPaint. Here I pasted and resized the image of the Victorians and erased what I did not want in the image. I also applied the Dust and Scratch tool to them.

I browsed in Picasa 3.9 to a photograph of myself and my wife singing Karaoke and placed it behind them, also cropping and erasing what I did not want of the photograph. I applied the Tune Blur to that using Gaussian Blur at a very low setting.

I searched my Dover Clip Art folder with Picasa and found other faces to add to my conglomeration of differing times and places. I cut pasted and erased what I did not want and took the faces without color and added sepia like tones. I used Filter Forge's Photo Effects Sepia with an object mask on two of them.

I used the Tint A Lot brush for the tan on the building. Then switched to the Replace Color Brush for the details, using a light blue color.

I added my signature and saved the large file. I resampled for display, used Corel PSP Pro X3 to add the ornate frame and saved that iteration.



Listening --- Peace and Quiet Again

No comments:

Post a Comment