Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

"Old Rusted Drinking Fountain" Corel - Plus

Old Rusted Drinking Fountain



At the nostalgic building we took photographs of this rusty old, out of use "Drinking Fountain." We took many angles of it and I will probably share some more. My son Keir M. Gatzka is an adventurous photographer and loves to shoot in Manual on our Canon Rebel XTI.

I opened from Picasa 3.9 with Corel PSP Pro X3 and first applied the Digital Camera Noise Removal tool. I also used the Smart Photo Fix tool and adjusted the sharpness. After this I applied the Saturation Vibrancy tool for color depth to highlight the red and green, and rust on the Fountain. Using the Picture Frame feature I gave it a simple black frame and saved that iteration.

I opened with Corel PhotoPaint to add my signature and resample to display size. I have yet to create a PNG file of my 2013 signature to use while in PSP Pro X3, I'll do that soon.

As this building is in a public park we tried to imagine it's uses. It would have made a great music venue, or a place to have large gatherings or parties. Now it is the parks Warehouse. Such a shame, for it is a unique structure with an obvious full past.



No comments:

Post a Comment