Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Five Guitars - Camel Oils - Watercolor - Painter 11 - PhotoPaint


"Five Guitars" from a photograph taken at Motor City Guitar, in their Acoustic Guitar Room. I opened this in Painter 11 and did a quick clone with an ocher background. Then I selected the Camel Oils brushes and began to paint the individual guitars, one by one.

I painted the background with Karen's Watercolors from the Painter Talk forum. You can see a slight impasto effect from Apply Surface Texture> Image Luminance>. I also added the Retro paper texture to the large image before I resampled it for display here.

I wanted the focus to be on the guitars so I kept the background ambiguous in watercolors. I usually use Filter Forge for a frame. But tried a couple of those and it just did not do the image justice, so I left the painted edges as they are.

----------------
Now playing: Kasholo - Tonight (Acoustic)
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment