Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Portrait - Textured Acrylics - Watercolor - Painter 11


My Grandson, photograph taken by me. I opened the file in PhotoPaint and cropped to focus on his facial expression. Saving that file, I applied the Local Equalization tool to it for sharp contrasts, saved a secondary file.

Opening it in Painter 11 I chose the quick clone with an ocher background. Then I picked the Textured Acrylics brushes for a muck up. I blocked in the face and shirt, did a touch of the background.

I used Digital Watercolors and Erasers to take some of the dark spots out and to add to the background. I shifted to the cloners and used the splattery cloner and the soft cloner for some of the details of the eyes, ears, nose and mouth.

I saved that iteration and opened it in PhotoPaint. There I applied Filter Forge's Photo Effects Vibrancy which gave the image a reddish cast. I then used Filter Forge's frames and added a reddish brown frame. I resampled the image for display here.


----------------
Now playing: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Someday You'll Find
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment