Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Picnic - Ink Print - Watercolors - Painter 11 - Dover Clip Art


Browsing in Picasa 3 I selected another Dover Publications Ink Print to paint in Painter 11. I first opened the image in PhotoPaint and resampled to 96 dpi for a larger work file. I then proceeded to open that file in Painter 11.

Using Karen's Watercolors I chose the colors and began painting the greenery. I varied the size of the brush and the hue of the colors for the foliage. I then began painting the people in the scene. I endeavored to make it colorful yet understated, as this is a wonderful pastoral scene.

I painted the background river and surrounding country side in muted colors and used a grainy brush for the sky. I saved that file.

In PhotoPaint I used the wand tool to selected the outside frame. After I applied the mask I selected a sky background for the frame. If you look closely you can see the clouds on the right hand side.

----------------
Now playing: Indigo Girls - Perfect World
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment