Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Another Smiling Woodcut - Texture - Painter 11 - PhotoPaint


I selected this photograph taken by my son Keir M. Gatzka, of one of our friends. Opening it in Painter 11, I cropped to the smiling face and pasted to a new image. I applied the woodcut tool to the black and white image and saved it.

I reopened it in PhotoPaint where I resampled it to 128dpi. I then selected the wand tool and took as much as the gray areas out making the image a new object of only what was left.

Using Picasa 3 I browsed to Mayang's Textures and selected a rusty texture. I copied and pasted the new object, the young lady's face, into the texture and merged it. I cropped that to the smiling face and pasted to a new image.

With that piece was still in PhotoPaint and I went to Filter Forge's Photo Effects and applied a light grunge filter to it. Also using Filter Forge's frames I selected a film frame. Then I used Effects> Texture> Elephant Skin> in PhotoPaint, for more texture to the image.

----------------
Now playing: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Smile Again
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment