Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Damsel and Knight - Painter 11 - PhotoPaint


"Damsel and Knight," is based on a Dover Publications ink print from the sampler collection that I have. I opened the image in PhotoPaint and increased it by resampling at 96dpi. I saved that as a work file.

Opening in Painter 11 I used Karen's Watercolors brush to paint the majority of the details. I did use the tinting brushes for the background and a cloud brush for the sky. I did append more colors to the base color palette for a wider selection of them.

Again I did not draw this scene - it comes from Dover Publications email samplers. Go to their site and sign up for them.

I took the image into PhotoPaint again to use the wand tool on the white frame and filed it with a sky picture. I had the rest of the image masked off, so I applied Effects> Texture> Plaster> to the sky I had added as a frame. Then I made a black 40 pixel border for the entire image.

----------------
Now playing: Beatles - And I Love Her
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment