Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

High Contrast Guitars - Paint.NET - PhotoPaint


I browsed in Picasa 3 today and found my guitar photograph shown here. I opened it in Paint.NET and adjusted the Luminosity in Curves which lightened it a bit. Then I applied the Ink Sketch tool to it for the line work, ink turned down and color all the way up.

Saving that file I reopened it in PhotoPaint. Here I applied Local Equalization for the contrasting tones. I also adjusted the saturation by 9 for a boost to color.

I used Filter Forge's Photo Effects for more luminosity yet. Then I added a film frame from Filter Forge. I adjusted the Tone Curve RGB for some depth, as it's a very flat image of the two guitars.
You can see the "gull" portion of the "Seagull," label in the inside of the one 12-String guitar. The other 6-String is a Lyon guitar that belongs to my son.

----------------
Now playing: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Where the Wind Blows
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment