Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Vintage Pen and Ink Drawing - Painter 11 - PhotoPaint


I have an interesting image in Pen and Ink that I drew. I started with a vintage photograph from Dover Publications of two young boys riding an old-fashioned tricycle. Opening it in PhotoPaint I resampled the photograph to 96dpi increasing it's size for use in Painter 11.

Saving that file I opened in Painter 11 and created a quick clone with an ocher background. Using the Pens I selected the Ballpoint pen and the Single Pixel pen in black and drew the young boys and their tricycle. I did not go for realism as I wanted a rough sketch of their features and the trike.

For the watercolor pen stroke I selected the Soft cloner to add shading to their clothing and to lightly add the background. I added using Filter Forge a film frame. It was tedious drawing the details but I thoroughly enjoyed this exercise.

In PhotoPaint I adjusted the Tone Curve to add depth to the image.


----------------
Now playing: Kenny Loggins - Playing With The Boys
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment