Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Citizen Kane Pose - Portrait - PhotoPaint


A self-portrait by my son Keir M. Gatzka gives him a "Citizen Kane" appearance. I took the photograph opening it in PhotoPaint and created a tritone which I converted back to an RGB image.

I used Filter Forge's Photo Effects Vibrance on it, and added a photograph frame to it. I did very little to this portrait because it says a lot without much manipulation. A very dark and serious subject.

He really is not like this personality wise. He is more easygoing and full of laughter kind of guy. But he was playing with the camera for effect and I've always thought of Orson Wells when I see it. So it goes with my motif of "laughing and serious," images I have done lately.

----------------
Now playing: Citizen Cope - Sun's Gonna Rise
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment