Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

From Laughing to Serious - Woodcut - Texture - Painter 11 - PhotoPaint


Yesterday, I did a woodcut of a laughing smile, today I chose a serious expression for an image. The photograph is of my son Keir M. Gatzka, a self-portrait. I browsed in Picasa 3 and found it and liked his seriousness. I opened it in Painter 11 and applied the woodcut tool with some adjustments to not make it heavy.

I saved that and using Picasa 3 I located the Mayang's Textures that I have and selected one of what appears to be sandstone. I copy and pasted the woodcut image using the texturize object property, in PhotoPaint. I applied the Auto Equalize tool to lighten it up a bit. Then I adjusted the Color Balance.

Using Filter Forge I added a film frame, after trying out some of their Photo Effects, which did nothing for the image but obscure details I wanted. So I stuck with the image as is.

----------------
Now playing: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Close To Perfect
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment