Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Grunge Digital Collage - Mayang's Textures - PhotoPaint


Today I'm back to doing digital collage. I selected a grunge texture from Mayang's Textures while browsing in Picasa 3. I opened it in PhotoPaint and began. Using the guitars as a theme I added them by copying and pasting then applying Little Ink Pot's Thredgeholder for line art. I used the property Texturize for transparency on most of the pieces.

I also used some Dover Clip Art for interest and a profiled face from DaVinci with an out stretched lower jaw. The facial muscles image is from Dover Publications as is the bird on a sprig of a flowering plant. All for variety in the image.

For the larger guitar I used Thredgeholder and Color Burn for transparency. I merged all objects (layers) together and saved the large image.

I resampled in PhotoPaint for display here. I added a 30 pixel blue border to finish. I thus ended up with a deep blue grunge image showing damaged painted metal plating and the guitar theme.

----------------
Now playing: Acoustic Junction - Strange Days
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment