Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Ovation Guitars - Camel Oils Painting - Painter 11


This image started as a photograph of a grouping of Ovation Guitars at Motor City Guitar. Ovation Guitars are unique with many differing soundholes and configurations. These are just a few.

I opened the photograph in Painter 11 and using the quick clone with an ocher background I selected Camel Oils brushes to paint them. I used various sizing's but kept the opacity the same. I applied the Image Luminance texture to the brushstrokes.

I saved the large file and opened it in PhotoPaint and used the Tone Curve to add depth. I applied Filter Forge's frames watercolor frame for a painterly border and added a 20 pixel black border using Image> Papersize> to finish. I resampled for display here at a reasonable size.

----------------
Now playing: Ian Anderson - A Raft Of Penguins
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment