Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Grunge Guitars - High Contrast - Texture - PhotoPaint


A simple digital manipulation for today's post. I opened with PhotoPaint while browsing in Picasa 3 this photograph taken by myself. I also browsed to a texture from Mayang's Texture folder and copied and pasted a textured image.

I went to the guitar photograph and ran the Image> Adjust> Local Equalization> tool for high contrast. I copied that to the clipboard and pasted into the texture. Then using the property opacity I adjusted that to allow just a bit of the background texture to show through.

I merged both images to one layer. I used Filter Forge's Photo Effects Vibrancy on the image trying out differing variants and settled on one. The I applied Filter Forge's frame tool to create a vignetted film frame for the piece. I applied the Tone Curve adding some depth. I cloned out an unwanted small wall vent.

On the Seagull 12-string, you can see the etching I did on the pickguard, which I did to personalize that guitar. Now It's one of a kind.

Listening - BTO - Looking out for number One

No comments:

Post a Comment