Pages

Friday, September 11, 2009

Alaskan Mountains Motif - Painter 8 and PhotoPaint


Continuing with the Alaskan Mountains motif today's image is a bright piece of mountain scape. I took this photograph with my Canon Rebel North of Anchorage on our first day trip.

The sky in the original image was so white I painted it out and added a piece of the sky and pasted it in. I opened the painted image done in Painter 8 with liquid ink brushes with PhotoPaint and used KPT's Collection Pyramid Paint filter. I added some light detail with the Thredgeholder filter. I had also adjusted the saturation and brightness of the colors for impact.

These mountains are beautiful and impressive. Not as rugged as some mountains are, the gentle slopes are relaxing in real life and I hope some of that is conveyed in the painted image.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Can't Find My Way Home Cover
null

No comments:

Post a Comment