Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Power Outage Shuts Down gatzkART Temporarily


Because of a fallen tree here locally I was made painfully aware of the dependency we have on electricity. We experienced a Power Outage because of that fallen tree - for hours.

It took all afternoon and part of the evening to have the electric power restored. With little extra time to spend going to a local Starbucks or other wifi hubspot I was unable to post to my blog. So I had to wait till time and power made it possible once again to connect and post.

I am using another Photograph of Alaskan mountains for my image today. I used PhotoPaint to take a previously used photo and make a new piece. It is one of my favorite photographs of the mountains I took.

I cropped the photo to make it less centered and moved the far mount off center. I used KPT's Collection Pyramid Paint filter for a painterly look and then I took the image through the Thredgeholder for a sketchy appearance. I copied that to the clipboard and undid the action. Pasting it back onto the image as an object I used the Object property Color Burn to add it with transparency. This gave me lines and details.

I masked the mountains out and used the 3D Effect> Glass on the sky. I upped the color saturation by about fifteen to enhance the colors. I also lightened the image using the Tone Curve adjustment just a bit.

I am happy that the power is back on and I am online again for today. It was very different day without being online.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Photographs
null

No comments:

Post a Comment