Pages

Thursday, September 17, 2009

ArtRage Painting Oils - GMC Truck in Winter


ArtRage 2.5 is now available for only $25.00 US. For today's image I used the free version of ArtRage from a couple of years ago as you can see the copyright date on the print is 2007, that's when I did this painting.

I am not affiliated with the ArtRage folks but I really like the program for painting. It imitates oils and pastels very nicely. And you can't beat the price for what you get.

You are able to load an image to use as tracing paper and paint over it. It does a great job of being true to the colors of the traced image. This one is from a photograph taken by my son Keir M Gatzka.

I love the impasto feel that the oil brushes give you in ArtRage, they are very intuitive to work with and just plain fun. This image reminds us that winter is not too far away. I for one am not looking forward to it. It is a beautiful season, no doubt, but it is so cold and not my favorite season. I like the late Spring and Autumn. So I am enjoying the weather we are having right now.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Kenny Chesney - On the Coast of Somewhere Beautiful
null

No comments:

Post a Comment