Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Coupe DeJour - Return to Grunge


Life can be stress filled and each one of us has to cope. As a play on words here is a "Coup Coupe DeJour" grunge image, doing this image has helped me endure some recent stress. Creativity is calming for me.

In PhotoPaint I applied KPT's Collection Pyramid Paint filter and saved that image. I used CorelTRACE on the adjusted photograph and it simplified the colors and created a vector image to manipulate. I also used a texture from Grunge Textures for the browns.

Using CorelDRAW I selected pieces of the ungrouped vector image and moved them, breaking up the edges of the image. I added an off brown background to the piece and grouped them all together.

I saved the file as a bitmap jpg, and opened it in PhotoPaint. I added the grunge texture, copying and pasting it, using the object property of Multiply. Added some text and paint splatters with the Distort> Wet Paint> filter for the dripping.

Listening to some Blues:

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: DukeRobillar
null

No comments:

Post a Comment