Pages

Monday, September 21, 2009

Man with Tie - Circa 2007 - Digital Manip


Another of my images from 2007, as I try to find time to make new images, these are in review. This is a Digital Manipulation and Painting from a photograph taken by my son Keir M Gatzka.

I utilized CorelTRACE on this piece to give it the posterized detailed appearance. I painted it in Painter 8 as well. I arrived at the colors by using KPT's Collection and an invert, if my memory serves me right.

The piece reminds me of the Blue Group somewhat but that has no relevance to the creation of it. Just concidence. I have garnered some interest in the image from various sources, so I decided to share it today.

The original is 3200x2648 pixels at 7.5 megs, 300dpi. So I resized it in PhotoPaint for display here. It is also displayed on my Fine Art America Gallery, where I have only a few pieces showing.

Last night I got out the 12-string guitar and played around with some chord progressions like:
C Am C Am F G and Am G Bm C D Em. Then I tuned to DADGAD and played some more before retiring to bed.

I also have had my Beatles song book out recently and have been plucking around with song's like "Mother Natures Son." Fun to do, trying out differing Artist's music.

Playing the guitar is very relaxing if you are not playing uptempo chord strumming. I haven't written any new lyrics, I have been busy with other projects and nothing has come to mind of late. Funny how that can happen to you, I guess I'm in a musical dry spell after a year and some months of creativity with some good songs under my belt.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Watch the Wind Blow By Cover
null

No comments:

Post a Comment