Pages

Friday, September 4, 2009

David - Fun with Filters - Corel PhotoPaint


Occasion-
ally I like to experi-
ment with using differing filters on a Photo-
graph. Today's image shows David relaxing with a drink. I chose to use two programs.

In Paint.NET I used the Pencil Sketch filter and saved that file. I opened the original photograph in PhotoPaint and also opened the pencil sketch and copied it to the clipboard.

In PhotoPaint I used KPT's Collection Pyramid Paint filter on the photograph. It gave it a painterly appearance, then I pasted the pencil sketch onto it and used the object property Color Burn on it for transparency. I merged those objects.

Using the mask cutout tool I cut out David and used the filter Effects> Custom> Alchemy> for the background, leaving David the same. I inverted the mask and applied the Effects> Distort> Wet Paint> filter on David with it set very light for painterly dripping.

I used the Little Ink Pot's Thredgeholder to create another bit of detail and copied it to the clipboard, undid it and pasted it as an object. I used Color Burn again to make it transparent. The last application was the use of the Image> Adjust> Tone Curve and darkened the image a bit.

You see the results of my use of these various filters and cutting, masking and applying.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Metric - Come Back Baby
null

No comments:

Post a Comment