Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Theme Revisited - Acrylic Brushes - Painter 8


Revisiting a theme can provide differing challenges to an artist. I wanted to make this version of my wife and I using Painter 8 and the Acrylic brushes.

The smiles we both have are really nice, you can tell we were having a great time. This approach makes us both stand out more as well.

I used PhotoPaint on the background to make it recede some more. I applied the masking tool to each of us and then utilized the Effects> Custom> Alchemy> filter to the background.

I got out my 12-string guitar both last night and the night before and played before retiring to bed. I am playing with some chord progressions. Em and A, uptempo with hushing the strings and making a beat before switching to the A chord. Then a quick change to C Em D holding the D for a few extra beats. I don't know if this will lead to a song. I am just trying a different tempo and type of strum with these chords.

All in all having a nice time practicing this set of chords.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Green Day - Wake Me Up When September Comes
null

No comments:

Post a Comment