Pages

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Grunge Revisited - Corel PhotoPaint - Sweet Sensations


I spend quite a bit of time looking through photo-
graphs for my artworks. I am using Picasa 3 for keeping my images and photo-
graphs in order and easily found. I really recommend it for tracking images.

Today's image is a return to the Grunge image. I found a really good photograph by my son Keir M Gatzka. This was taken at a Ram's Horn Restaurant.

I opened it in PhotoPaint and used KPT's Collection Pyramid Paint filter on it. I chose the blue tints in Pyramid Paints selections. Then I ran the Thredgeholder filter on a copy of the image for details. This is superimposed on the image for a grungy appearance.

I opened a grunge texture made by Autumnights which is of an old floral wallpaper. I like the contrast of the blue with the red of the flowers. This I overlaid with the object property of Multiply for transparency.

I had a large file to begin with so I cropped it a bit losing some unwanted elements, and resized the finished image in PhotoPaint with a 25% reduction as a jpg for display here.

I like the typographical feel in this piece. "Sweet Sensations" from the paper placeholder on the restaurant table. And I like the angle at which it was taken.

While listening to music creating images I was surprised to find more than one song referring to photographs and love. I opened Notepad and wrote a lyric of my own:

Title: Photographs
Author: ©2009 Kirk Mathew Gatzka, all rights reserved.

Verse:
I listen to pieces
I hear songs about photographs
How they write paragraphs
About their love
About their love

Verse:
I pick up the pieces
Of my life as photographs
They are only pictographs
About my life
About my life

Chorus:
They don't define
What is really mine
They are only part
Of my daily art.

Verse:
I hold up the pieces
Scanning the photographs
They are like autographs
About my loves
About my loves

Chorus:
They don't define
What is really mine
They are only part
Of my daily art.

Bridge:
I take the pictures
I am never in
I am at the shutter
Taking it all in

Verse:
It's like a window
Frozen in time
More than hinges
About my life
About my life

Chorus:
They don't define
What is really mine
They are only part
Of my daily art.

Now to find a good chord progression and a melody and I'll have a new song to play.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Avril Lavigne - Keep Holding On
null

No comments:

Post a Comment