Pages

Friday, September 18, 2009

ArtRage - Revisited - Rusty Truck


I love old rusty trucks as subject matter. They make you reminisce about the days when they were working vehicles. What they might have hauled and who may have used them.

I have another ArtRage image that I used a photograph as tracing paper and the oil brushes and the pastels and textures. The bulk of this piece is light colors which make you focus on the old rusty truck in a field retired and out of commission.

I really like the impasto feel of the oils here and the textures of the pastels. It's a rough image of a roughly used vehicle that is well past it's prime. I imagine it as a farmers truck used on a farm. I don't know why but it just seems so.

As the last image I posted this was done in 2007 as I was experimenting with the free ArtRage program. I love the looseness and incomplete details of the piece. It lends to the feeling of decay and uselessness of the old truck.

Listening to music quite a bit lately. I have been very busy with other projects so I have not been songwriting of late. Nor have I been painting as much so I have reviewed my older works and displaying a few of them in my posts. I hope to be creating more with music soon and of course digital painting is on my mind as well.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Hello Hello
null

No comments:

Post a Comment