Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Digital Painting - Painter 8 - Acrylics / Blenders


Just recently I received a few photographs of my great-great nieces. They are lovely children so I decided to try my hand at painting them digitally. Using Painter 8 from Corel I used the Acrylic dry brushes and glazed brushes to paint the two of them in this pose. Using the Blenders I softened the faces and the hair. I used a Digital Watercolor brush on the glazed background and used the Blenders on it as well. I was using a Wacom tablet for painting also.

I am still new, even after a large number of attempts, at digital painting of portrait subject matter. I really enjoy Painter 8's versatility and the action of the different media brushes. I love my nieces and tried to do them justice with a good likeness.

I was torn between the darkness of the background, to lighten it or not, but I decided to leave it dark. I like the autumn colors and it seemed to recede enough to place the focal point on the portraits.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Southwest Statistic - Grey (Final EQ Test 15)
null

No comments:

Post a Comment