Pages

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Candy Store - Pen and Ink - Watercolor - Painter 8


The image posting today is from another photograph taken by my son Keir M. Gatzka. It was taken up in the Traverse City area of Michigan. A candy store closed for the season.

I opened the photograph in Paint.NET and applied the Effects> Artistic> Ink Sketch> filter to it with the color turned up and the ink upped a bit for the details.

I wanted to add more color and opened the file in Painter 8. I used a Runny Bleach Watercolor brush at varying sizes for painting. I selected the colors myself. I really thought the barn red doors and trim appropriate to this plank built building. I added color to the sky and a touch of blue to the snow for depth.

In PhotoPaint I resized the image for the web and added my signature.

In music I have added another song, "I Need You My Friend" to My Page at the Acoustic Guitar Community [click here and scroll down to the player on the left of the page to play the song.]

I am also presenting a new song "Pages Without Numbers" to the Songwriting Review group there for comment. After I have some feedback I will post it to My Page as well.

Listening --- Pages Without Numbers --- Kirk Mathew Gatzka

2 comments: