Pages

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Decayed Barn and Silo - Pen and Ink - Watercolor - Painter 8


Keeping with a building motif, along with the Pen and Ink and Watercolor style, I selected another photograph by my son Keir M. Gatzka. As you can see it is of an old decaying Barn and Silo.

I used the same techniques as yesterdays image with the exception of using the Painter 8 Watercolor brushes instead of the Digital Watercolor brushes.

I began with the larger photograph in Paint.NET and applied the Effects> Artistic> Ink Sketch> filter with color turned up but the ink slightly turned down to make some of the details clearer.

In Painter 8 I selected a Runny brush for the wash in the sky, using the color selection from the enhanced photograph, a purple sky. I colored the barn with a dark rusty red and the silo with a dark brown red. I added some light blue to the snow for depth. The Hawk was added with a Liquid Ink dry brush on it's own layer. All layers were merged and I saved the image in jpg format for the Web.

In PhotoPaint I added my signature and resized for display here.

Listening --- The Last Good Cowboy --- Kirk Mathew Gatzka

No comments:

Post a Comment