Pages

Monday, May 31, 2010

Yellow Orange Lilies - Painter 8 - PhotoPaint


A simple post for a busy day. This floral watercolor image began as a photograph from our local greenhouse, "WoJo's." I took about 48 photographs the other day during our buying for our vegetable garden. Plenty of colorful flowers to paint.

I used a similar workflow on this image as I did for yesterdays with the exception I painted with watercolors in Painter 8. I used light opacity and a diffuse brush of varying sizes. I added back in some details with the soft cloner and used a Digital watercolor brush for the background.

It looked a bit sloppy so I took the original photograph and in Paint.NET I applied a painterly filter to it. In PhotoPaint I opened both the image and the filtered photograph. I copied the photograph to the clipboard and pasted it as an object into the painted image.

I adjusted it with the object property Multiply and lightened the opacity. I merged the results together. Applying Filter Forge's Freepack 3 - Frames Watercolor frame I finished with my signature and the 10 pixel black line frame.

----------------
Listening to: Eric Clapton - Let it Rain
null

2 comments:

  1. I love your bright colors in this new painting Kirk. And always enjoy hearing how you paint as some of the programs you use I have never tried. Makes me want to take a look at them. This is beautifully done. Love the edge effect you gave it too. Really makes it pop with the bright colors of the flowers.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judith,

    Thank you! I was shooting for an image that popped with color! I'm glad to know I succeeded!

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete