Pages

Saturday, May 29, 2010

White Lilies - Watercolor - Painter 8


We went on an outing to the local greenhouse here called, "WoJo's." I though I'd take my camera along and get some new photographs of flowers, though we went mostly for our vegetable garden. I found plenty of color and variety there.

These white lilies were among the photographs I really liked for doing a watercolor painting.

I first prepared the photograph by adjusting the Tone Curve in PhotoPaint. The shadows needed to be lightened. I saved that file.

Opening it in Paint.NET I applied one of the paint filter plugins which simplified the details somewhat and gave it a painterly appearance. I then saved again and opened it in Painter 8.

Once there I cloned the image and cleared it and turned on the Tracing Paper. From there I selected the Watercolor brushes and adjusted my opacity, diffusion, and varied the size of the Camel brush. I painted each petal individually and the white watercolor grayed somewhat, which was fine with me as I liked the result. I also painted the pistils and the one bud waiting to bloom.

I created a New Watercolor Layer and proceeded to paint the background keeping it light as much as I could for transparency and grain. I then went back to the original layer and selected the Digital Watercolors and added the yellow to the petals. I applied the soft cloner to the pistils for more detail, and blended with it as well. I saved that file.

Back in PhotoPaint I added the Filter Forge's Freepack 3 - Frames watercolor frame and also added some additional framing using Papersize with varying pixel width.

Last night I was working on a new song. Another broken relationship tune. I am not certain I like it as yet but am still working on it. I am using the chord progression of Em A for the verses, D G D A for the chorus, with a bridge of Dm7 Fmaj7 G7 Dm7 Fmaj7 G and turnaround back to Em A for the last verse. I recorded my first version in Audacity and saved it for my mp3 player.

----------------
Listening to: Eric Clapton - After Midnight
null

No comments:

Post a Comment