Pages

Sunday, May 30, 2010

White Floral - Paint.NET - PhotoPaint


Continuing with the Photo-
graphs of flowers at the local greenhouse I selected another one to display.

I opened the white floral with the yellow pistils in Paint.NET and applied a painterly filter to it. I also adjusted the Tone and saturation there. Saving that file I opened it in PhotoPaint.

In PhotoPaint I selected the brush tools for Dodging and Burning. I used those brushes to add and subtract highlights and shadows to the piece.

This took a bit of time to do. I then selected a watercolor frame in Filter Forge's Freepack 3 - Frames for the image. I added a 10 pixel black line and also another white frame after that using the Image> Papersize> function. I finished with adding my signature and copyright.

Listening --- Strange Days --- Acoustic Junction

2 comments:

  1. Very beautifully done Kirk. I like this effect very much for this beautiful floral.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Judith!

    Your kind comments are very much appreciated!

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete