Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

Trio - Digital Watercolor - Painter 8


Today' image is from a photograph of a trio of young people. I used Paint.NET for the Effects> Artistic> Pencil Sketch> filter to create the beginning sketch to work with. I like the control that this program has for Pencil Sketches better than Painter 8's sketching filter - I was able to get clearer lines for this pencil and watercolor image.

I opened that in Painter 8 and used various Digital Watercolor brushes to paint this image. I adjusted sizes and left the standard settings alone. I did no cloning in the process I selected the colors I wanted and used the eyedropper at times to reselect certain colors.

The piece is of my son Keir M. Gatzka and two of his friends taken outside of a BigBoy's restaurant quite a few summers ago. This was of course before he was married.

I applied a watercolor frame filter in PhotoPaint and a 10 pixel light brown line frame to finish the piece.

----------------
Listening to: I Need You My Friend -- Kirk Mathew Gatzka
null

No comments:

Post a Comment