Pages

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Return to Grunge Guitar Digital Collage


I was going over my files listed in Picasa 3 and came across this guitar image I did some time ago. In the very center is a photograph of my 12-string Seagull guitar, and it is surrounded with other guitar images.

I hadn't done a Grunge image in a while so I decided to revert back to that subject matter for this piece.

Using PhotoPaint I opened the guitar image first then found a floral wallpaper grunge texture file which I loaded into PhotoPaint as well. I went to the guitar image and copied it to the clipboard then I pasted and enlarged it to fit, into the grunge texture. I increased the saturation by 7 and that boosted the colors a bit.

I opened a chord progression text file in Notepad and copied a portion of that to the clipboard and pasted it as a text object into the image. I added some of the usual paint splatters to grunge it up somemore, I really like to do that as it adds that quality to the image.

I added a Grunge Frame from Filter Forge's Freepack - Frames to complete the effect.

Listening --- I'm Counting On You --- Kirk Mathew Gatzka

2 comments:

  1. This is one of your best Kirk! Bravo! Ciao

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Giovanna! I still like doing these, it is very enjoyable, so I am happy you liked it!

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete