Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Portrait - Painter 8 Wow! Book Brushes


I am posting a portrait painting I did using the Painter 8 Wow! Book brushes. I really like these brushes and the results I am getting with them.

I had first opened this photograph, the photographer is unknown so if you recognize them please let me know so I can give due credit, in Paint.NET. I applied the Effects> Artistic> Oil Painting filter to it for an underpainting.

I opened it next in Painter 8, cloned it and cleared the new image for the tracing paper. I then used the brushes from the Wow! Book and laid down a second underpainting. Using the stamp tool I applied the oil brush to bring out the details and add line-work to the piece. I used two shades of light gray to add highlights to the eyes and lips.

In PhotoPaint I applied the Tone Curves to deepen the colors and used Filter Forge's Freepack - Frames to add a film frame. I also added my signature to the image.

Listening to --- That's Just the Way the World Is --- Nick Basecki

No comments:

Post a Comment