Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Yellow Red Orchid - Watercolor - Painter 8


This image began as a pastel and pen sketch in one of my sketchbooks. I scanned it in at 300dpi for a fair size file. In PhotoPaint I selected the piece leaving out the fold of the sketchbook page. I saved that file and opening in Painter 8 I cloned it and cleared it and using the Tracing Paper I began to paint it using the Camel watercolor brush.

I used varying sizes of the brush and also the Flat brush for much of the background, focusing on the Orchid. Completing that I used the soft cloner to add back some detail of the pen lines and to boost color in places.

I saved the file again and reopened it in PhotoPaint where I added a watercolor frame using the Filter Forge's Freepack 3 - Frames. I added a small yellow mat to this using Image> Papersize> centering it and using 30 pixels setting.

I was recently invited to join JamPlay.com for a 7 day trial period. [click here] to go to their site. I looked up some Blues guitar lessons and learned a bit of blues - chords - shuffle - turnaround, etc. It is a good site for learning guitar playing. I also participated in a chat with Mark Lincoln of the site which was informative and enjoyable. The sites monthly subscription starts at $19.95 a month. Which for what is made available in video lessons is reasonable.

My trial is just about up so I will try to get some more Blues lessons perhaps today. I may not be able to afford the subscription right now but I will book mark that site for future reference.

----------------
Listening to: Tim McGraw - When the Stars Go Blue
null

No comments:

Post a Comment