Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Daisy Day - Paint.NET - Painter 8 - PhotoPaint


I often write about my wife's gardens around our home. Here is a photograph taken by my wife, Laurie G. Gatzka, of her front garden of daisies and a portion of the porch and stone walkway.

I opened this photograph in Paint.NET and applied a painterly filter to it that simplifies the brushstroke appearance.

I then opened the file in PhotoPaint to adjust the Tone Curve to lighten it a bit and upped the saturation by 7. This boosted the color and depth. I added a watercolor frame using Filter Forge's Freepack 3 - Frames. And I resampled it for the web.

Saving that file I opened it in Painter 8 to Apply Surface Texture - Image Luminance for additional painterly texture of brushstrokes.

This is mostly digital manipulation for a desired effect. A Painterly piece, altered using differing digital tools and programs and features. It gives you a nice feel for what our front garden looks like right now as Summer approaches.

Listening --- No One Else --- Kirk Mathew Gatzka

No comments:

Post a Comment