Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Red is My Love's Favorite Color



Yes, it is true, red is my wife's favorite color. So, of course, I took some photo-
graphs of differing red flowers. This piece is a close up or macro shot of some wonderfully red flowers.

I used Paint.NET to apply a painterly filter once again, one of my favorite plugins. I took a screen shot of this enlarged on my screen in slide show mode with Picasa 3, which gave me a wonderful view of these flowers.

I cropped it in PhotoPaint and added the grunge reddish frame from Filter Forge's Freepack 3 - Frames. I resampled for the web at a slightly larger size than usual. I opened this file in Painter 8 and added Apply Surface Texture> Image Luminance> to add texture to the piece.

Listening --- Art for Arts Sake -- Kirk Mathew Gatzka

2 comments: